I found a new way to make your administrators life hell.
- Create an application mapping to a custom tags directory.
- Put a custom tag named “doSomething.cfm” in it.
- Create a ColdFusion page named doSomething.cfm in your application root.
- Call <cf_doSomething.cfm> in that page.
- Browse to that page.
- Watch your ColdFusion server die
I kinda feel like I shouldn’t bother with a bug report because, well, it was a pretty stupid thing for me to do. And in fairness, it won’t crash, it just can’t do anything while it’s processing that infinite loop.