A few weeks back, Adam Tuttle posted about his new project to get CFScript service CFCs created for all of the appropriate missing tags. It’s a great project, I tweeted about it. So did others. But I wanted to do more. So today I made a contribution. I added CFExecute support for CFScript.
It’s a pretty mundane thing to add, and it took me about an hour from start to finish. All I had to do was:
- Fork the CFScript-Community-Components to my github account.
- Clone it to my Mac
- Write the code.
- Push changes back to my repository.
- Make a pull request for my changes to be added back to CFScript-Community-Components.
That might sound like a lot, but I did it entirely within one hour. It was a great learning experience as I had never forked and pull requested someone’s project before. That being said I couldn’t have done it without GitHub for Mac, which I highly recommend.
- Main version of CFScript-Community-Components
- My fork of CFScript-Community-Components
- My pull request to push my changes to main version