I wanted to highlight two series of blog posts that are going on at the moment. They highlight the differences, code-wise, between doing things in ASP.NET and PHP versus doing them in ColdFusion.
The first series is ColdFusion versus ASP.NET written by Mike Fleming at his blog: Magnetion Blog.
- ColdFusion & .NET: Resizing the Width of an Image
- ColdFusion & .NET: Resizing the Height of an Image
- ColdFusion & .NET: Send an Email
- ColdFusion & .NET: Parsing an XML Feed (Xbox Live)
- ColdFusion & .NET: Using FTP to Upload a File
What I really like about these posts is that they were written by people outside the ColdFusion community (or at least they were when the articles were written), and as such have a degree of objectivity. They give both ColdFusion and the competitor their pluses and minuses, but I think ColdFusion comes out on top in these articles.