Cf.Objective is in just a few weeks now. Are you going? Here’s why you should:
- The content is the absolute best ColdFusion content around. I’m not just saying that because I’m presenting. No introductory stuff, no “Getting started with CFC’s,” just really stellar content.
- The price is right. I think the whole thing, including air fare, hotel, taxis, and food cost me under $1300 last year. That’s less than many local training courses, but provides so much more.
- Access to the experts. Want to ask Ray Camden, Sean Corfield, Joe Rinehart, Mark Mandel, Mark Drew or one of the other experts something? Well they’re usually just hanging out in the halls. They don’t bite… Except for one of the Mark’s. I’m not saying which, but I think you’ll find it a pleasant surprise.
- Everyone is a student. What are the instructors doing between their talks? Most of them are in other people sessions. I don’t know why this strikes me as so cool, but I guess it just feels so much more… collaborative than authoritarian. You’re not learning from experts, you’re an expert by being there, and sharing in the experience. Or I dunno, maybe that’s too granola for you all, but I like it.
- If you don’t go Sean Corfield will hunt you down. You will be Ice-T in his home movie version of Surviving the Game. It’s true.