First of all thanks to all of the people who have either promoted or contacted me about BasecampCFC. I am really excited about all of the interest. As of now it’s been mentioned at:
I have to admit, getting it on 37Signals’ radar was pretty cool.
Now on to the meat of this post, the latest update…
I’ve fixed a number of issues with both the basecamp.cfc and the demo app that goes along with it.
- I added a debug setting to the init method. It adds extra information to the ColdFusion debugging output.
I added an authentication method. It allows you to tell the difference between
- Authentication failure
- API not being enabled
- Basecamp project not existing
- I made steps to ensure that all get methods would return consistent column lists for queries.
- Now tells you if you haven’t enabled the API
- Now gives directions on enabling API.
- It’s a bit more robust in handling blank records
Finally, if anyone is interested I added the unit tests to the SVN repository, if anyone wants to see how I’m testing the whole thing.