Not that original a subject, but I figured I might at least talk about it, and solicit some advice.
Due to a number of reasons I’m looking to update the look of Aarrgghh!.
- It’s not looking good cross-browser these days.
- Dave Konopka just did a redesign that looks awesome.
- I’m spending a fair amount of time dealing with a redesign of a site here at work.
- I do this about every 6 months or so anyway, to keep my skills sharp.
- I might add a little Ajax-y stuff to practice it.
My process until now has been very haphazard. I basically go to CSSZenGarden, WebdesignFromScratch, and OpenSourceWebDesign, and browse. I shop for little things I like from various examples there, and try and tie the whole thing into one design.
This tends to leave me with a site that mostly works, but doesn’t really feel right, but I put up with it until I decide to do it all over again.
So instead, I’m going to take a longer look at all this. Then, I’ll actually try my hand at wireframing before even look at design.
Anybody got any advice out there?