I have found reason 531 to be glad I switched to developing in CFEclipse. Its name is Jupiter. It’s a code review tool for Eclipse. I find myself in complete disbelief, but I think I love a code review tool.
Why? What does do that makes me love it?
- It links annotations directly to the code via line numbers.
- Because of that linkage, you can open the code directly from the code comments.
- It allows several levels of severity and categories of comments.
- It allows for teams to collaborate on code reviews.
- It saves notes in an easily parsed XML file for external reporting.
Dave and I are experimenting with it. It looks like it will make all of the code reviews we have to do a little easier.